I wanted to share my observations while working at our Samaritan's Purse / Operation Christmas Child collection center for this year 2020. I observed the amazing nature and love of our Lord by the work of those who love Him.
- I saw God at work when a lady named Carol (who usually fills 40 shoeboxes each year) donated 57 shoebox gifts saying, "With the pandemic this year, I had more time on my hands and made good use of it to help spread the Gospel message." (Evangelism - Knowing)
- I saw God at work as we prayed over shoeboxes being received and later found leftover remaining shoebox items (school supplies, hygiene items, stuffed animals, toys, and clothing) in our outside church shed resulting in 68 more children that will be able to receive a shoebox gift from KUMC this year. (Multiplication - Growing)
- I saw God at work as new and previous volunteers gave their time and energy to serve others through this shoebox ministry. (Discipleship - Sowing)
- I saw God at work as donors came by, some requested additional empty shoeboxes to fill more and a lady in front of her handed over what she had remaining in her car, which came to about 30 extra shoeboxes.
- I saw God at work when a relatively new church (St. Marina Coptic Orthodox Church, Gainesboro Area) donated 19 shoebox gifts as they themselves are looking for donations to help pay for their church expenses. The Coptic Orthodox Church is one of the oldest Christian churches dating back to the 4th Century (mostly based in Egypt, now in persecution).
I Saw God at Work in 2020.
May you all have a blessed Christmas and safe and healthy New Year…
Your brother in Christ,
Kernstown UMC – Winchester, VA